Get more customers for your SaaS with done-for-you content marketing
You followed Paul Graham’s advice to “do things that don’t scale” to get your first customers. Maybe you even knocked on doors like AirBnB.
You’ve read “Predictable Revenue” by Aaron Ross more times than you can count. You made it past the first hump in SaaS – you have paying customers!
But then growth stalls. Your sales team doesn’t have enough good leads to work on. Before long, your sales team is just keeping current customers happy. Occasional referrals show up but it’s not enough.
You want to keep your SaaS growing but hiring even more sales staff without a steady stream of leads doesn’t make sense.
What Would Life Be Like If You Had High Quality Leads Coming to You?
When you have good leads coming in every week, SaaS growth changes in two ways. You no longer spend time with bad fit prospects that you bought from a list or hit up with LinkedIn Sales Navigator. Good leads know about your company and trust you enough to give you a chance.
Qualified leads from content marketing are better customers for two reasons. First, they start the sales process with a higher degree of trust compared to outbound methods like cold calling. Second, poor fit prospects (e.g. price shoppers!) will disqualify themselves leaving you with more time to focus on valuable prospects.
How Do You Get Those Qualified Leads Come To You?
The best way to get leads to come to you is content marketing. Here’s how it works, in brief:
- You publish compelling content on your website like blog posts, ebooks and infographics that connect to your customer’s needs
- You convert anonymous website visitors into leads with a name and email address by offering high value content in exchange for contact information.
- You start the sales outreach with an offer of a demo, a free trial or a connect call.
Can you do this all yourself? Some SaaS companies do it in-house. Just look at Salesforce.com and Hubspot: they have fantastic blogs, conferences and more. Playing at that level requires millions of dollar and a deep bench of talent (designers, podcast hosts, event specialists, copywriters and more). Don’t worry – you don’t need that much to get started. Those companies are at the “Lamborghini” level of content marketing. It’s awesome but may not be in your budget.
Why You Need Me As Your Dedicated Content Marketing Strategist To Grow Your SaaS
By engaging me as your dedicated content marketing strategist, you’ll see these benefits:
- Cut down your sales cycle with new prospects
- Reduce time wasted on bad fit prospects who have no interest in your product
- An end to relying on expensive pay per click marketing
- No more guilt that you haven’t blogged in weeks.
To find out if we are a good fit to work together, answer these 3 questions first:
- You have at least one marketing employee at your company
- You have tried content marketing techniques like running a blog but it doesn’t seem to work
- You want to increase the quality of your leads (no more “tire kickers”!)If you answered YES to at least two of those questions, let’s talk. Click here to book a free 15 minute introduction call with me. Raw sales hustle was enough to get your company started. It’s not going to cut it when it comes to scale. You know you need to figure your content marketing strategy. It’s the key to attracting quality leads in the long term…. But if your company is focused on building a better product, content marketing isn’t your focus.
I’m Bruce Harpham and I’ve helped companies like Wiley and ProQuest Consulting attract more leads and generate more sales by creating high-value content that educated prospects and moved them closer to a purchase decision. I’ve been published in CIO.com and InfoWorld. I’ve also written a book on project management: Project Managers At Work. Click here to book a free 15 minute introduction call with me.
Click here to book a free 15 minute introduction call with me.